We have two dedicated computers with adaptive equipment and software. They are located in the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room on Lower Ground 1.
The adaptive technology available includes:
The Readit Air includes a scanner and text-to-voice software. Designed to assist people who are blind or have low vision, people with print or learning disability or English as a second language.
Scans, magnifies and reads text in 19 languages:
- Video magnifier for people who have low vision.
- Magnifies books, magazines and newspapers.
- Magnifier software for people who have low vision.
- Magnifies websites including the Library's catalogue and eresources.
- Screen reading software to assist people who are blind or have low vision.
- Use to access websites including the Library's catalogue and eresources.
- Due to the complexity of JAWS prior knowledge is needed.
- Training courses are available from Vision Australia - call 1300 84 74 66.
- Computer-based scanning system for people who are blind, have low vision or with learning disability.
- Scans and reads books, magazines and newspapers.
- Suitable for people who have some experience using a computer.
Large Print Keyboard
- The Azio Vision keyboard features extra large print keys.
- The keyboard is backlit to maximise visibility.
Microspeed Trackball Mouse
- An alternative mouse to assist with mobility.
- Ask staff on Lower Ground 1 to use the mouse.