Legislation and policies
Policies and codes
- Accident, Incident Reporting and Investigation Policy and Procedure (PDF 74KB)
This policy and procedure states the State Library's requirements for reporting and investigating accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code
- Code of Conduct - Library Council of New South Wales (PDF 336KB)
This policy summarises the expectations of ethical conduct of members of Library Council and all members of committees established by Library Council.
- Client Code of Conduct
This policy outlines the conduct we expect from clients using the State Library.
- Collection Acquisitions Policy (PDF 78KB)
This policy aims to ensure the most cost-effective, efficient and timely acquisition of collection material for the Library.
- Collection Development Policy (PDF 137KB)
This policy provides information about the Library's collections and collecting priorities.
- Collection Donations Policy (PDF 78KB)
This policy provides a framework to manage offers of donations of published and original material.
- Collection Storage Access Policy (PDF 53KB)
This policy describes how the security of the library materials in stack is maintained whilst allowing ongoing access to the collection by the public and staff, as appropriate.
- Collection Storage and Service Delivery Policy (PDF 161KB)
This policy outlines how decisions are made to utilise finite storage space.
- Financial Delegations Policy (PDF 50Kb)
This policy identifies position titles and their respective limits of financial delegations under the Public Finance and Audit Act 1983.
- Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy (PDF 83KB)
This policy is is designed to ensure that the State Library establishes and maintains a healthy ethical culture.
- Gifts and Benefits Policy and Procedure (PDF 92KB)
This policy states the State Library's requirements regarding the management of gifts and benefits.
- Honours and Honorary Appointments of the Library (PDF 67KB)
This Policy specifies how the Library Council of New South Wales may recognise outstanding individuals who have contributed to the State Library of New South Wales.
- Information Request Service Policy
Our Information Request Service aims to meet the needs of clients who cannot visit the State Library in person.
- Internet Usage Policy
- Legal Information Access Centre (LIAC) Service Policy
The LIAC service is provided to meet the legal information needs of residents across NSW.
- Lending Policy
- Metadata Framework: Principles & Standards for Cataloguing (PDF 192KB)
This policy outlines the principles and standards applied to catalogue records for material in the collections of the State Library.
- Preservation Policy (PDF 133KB)
This policy is an essential tool for ensuring the integrity and survival of the Library collection.
- Procurement Policy (PDF 62KB)
This Policy establishes the framework for the State Library's procurement activities.
- Retention & Disposal Policy (PDF 32KB)
Retention and Disposal Policy for collection material and donations.
- Security Systems Surveillance Policy (PDF 99KB)
- Social Media Policy (220KB)
This policy provides standards for State Library staff who communicate with clients and stakeholders via social media.
- Staff Code of Conduct (PDF 136KB)
This policy outlines the conduct expected of all State Library Staff.
- Use of the State Library Under the Library Regulation 2010 Part 3 (115 KB)
- Work Health and Safety Policy (PDF 85KB)
This policy affirms the State Library of New South Wales' commitment to the health and safety of all workers and visitors on the Library premises.
- Whistleblower Protection Procedures (PDF 95KB)
The State Library is committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 which provides protection for staff members reporting genuine concerns regarding corruption, maladministration, substantial waste of public money or government information contraventions.
Guidelines for External Exhibition Loans (PDF 82KB)
Information about borrowing collection items from the State Library of NSW for temporary exhibitions.
Public libraries policies and guidelines
Various policies pertaining to public libraries.