We are currently experiencing technical issues with our catalogue, and access to images is temporarily unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Bathurst is located 200 kilometres west of Sydney. The first European to see the Bathurst Plains was George Evans in 1813 and on 7 May 1813 Governor Macquarie named the town after the British Secretary of State for War and the Colonies. This map shows the roads that had been built in the years to 1827.