This is some process behind my latest work, an article opener for Australian Geographic (Sept-Oct Issue 116). It shows roughly 380+ Aboriginal tribes and dialects in their respective locations.
From top to bottom:
- The finished piece.
- Pencil sketches figuring out positions and locations.
- 3 shots of final inking on tracing paper (A3).
- Scans overlapped and aligned in Photoshop.
- Animation showing before and after adjustments made to scans.
- A view of my adjustment layer which took about 8 hours.
- Dialog window showing more than a million points in illustrator.