Employment problems - spot the signs!
Are any of these things happening to you:
- I am paid less than $16.37 an hour
- I am paid ‘cash in hand’ and don’t get a payslip
- I am working for a trial period with no pay
- My boss tells me I am casual but I work the same hours each week
- I am a permanent worker, but when I work on weekends I am not paid extra
- I don’t get superannuation
- I work long hours without any breaks
- I am given board and lodging for the work I do
- I have been dismissed and it’s unfair
- I have been dismissed because I made a complaint to my boss
Then see this guide from Legal Aid NSW for information about your employment rights and how to enforce them.