Domestic violence - The Law Handbook, Chapter 21
The Law Handbook is a practical guide to understanding the law in NSW and the new 13th edition is just out. It is available online, free and in full text from the Find Legal Answers website. Print copies are available for loan - ask at your local NSW public library.
Chapter 21 of the Handbook is on Domestic violence and covers:
- what domestic violence is
- practical help
- protection for children
- assistance for Indigenous women
- assistance for immigrant women
- womens’ refuges
- legal remedies
- Apprehended Violence Orders (AVO)
- Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVO)
- Apprehended Personal Violence Orders (APVO)
- family law arrangements.