Wednesday the 3rd of September 2014 is Indigenous Literacy Day, a day that aims to help raise funds to raise literacy levels and improve the lives and opportunities of Indigenous Australians living in remote and isolated regions.
What happens on Indigenous Literacy Day
- Events and fundraisers are held across Australia.
- Participating publishers donate 5% (or more) of their takings from their invoices.
- Participating booksellers donate 5% (or more) of their takings from sales.
- Participating schools host a Great Book Swap Challenge and/or other fundraising activities.
- Participating businesses, clubs and organisations host a Great Book Swap Challenge and/or other fundraising activities.
- People everywhere are invited to pause and read to support Indigenous literacy and celebrate Indigenous culture.
- You can Get Caught Reading.
To find out more about Indigenous Literacy Day, click here
To donate to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation, click here