Monday, 14 September 2015
The State Library of NSW has announced the opening of nominations for the 2016 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards.
Established in 1979, the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards have recognised hundreds of talented Australian writers.
A new category to recognise and support the contribution made by Indigenous writers to Australian literary life has been announced for 2016.
According to NSW Premier Mike Baird, “We have so many talented and creative storytellers who make great contributions to the state’s cultural sector and I would encourage anyone who has had their work published to consider entering these awards.”
Total prize money of $305,000* will be presented to the winners at an awards ceremony at the State Library of NSW in May 2016.The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards offers awards in the following categories:
- Christina Stead Prize for Fiction
- UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing
- Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-fiction
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry
- Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature
- Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature
- Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting
- Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting
- Multicultural NSW Award
- Indigenous Writers Prize (biennial Prize in its inaugural year)
Nominations close: 5pm, Friday 9 October 2015Download full media release