Thursday, 8 September 2016
The State Library of NSW today announced the opening of nominations for the 2017 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards.
Established in 1979, the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards have recognised hundreds of talented Australian writers.
“The NSW Government is a great supporter of the arts and these awards recognise the great work produced by some of our best creative and non-fiction writers,” Mr Baird said.
Total prize money of up to $310,000* will be presented to the winners at an awards ceremony in May 2017.
The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards offers awards in the following categories:
- Christina Stead Prize for Fiction
- UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing
- Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-fiction
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry
- Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature
- Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature
- Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting
- Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting
- Multicultural NSW Award
- The NSW Premier’s Translation Prize
- Multicultural NSW Early Career Translator Prize