State Library of NSW
About this item:
The Old Fish Markets at Bourke and Plunkett Streets Woolloomooloo were opened in 1871. They were extended and altered in 1888 and 1893 to cover the entire block bounded by Bourke, Plunkett, Forbes and Wilson Streets. Then known as the Eastern markets, they were demolished and replaced by the Astor Apartments in the 1960s.