Due to planned maintenance, a number of eresources will be unavailable on Sunday 19 August. This includes Ancestry Library Edition, Ebooks and ProQuest.
Silents in the Library: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1920, 79 Minutes
With live music.
“The story of man’s battle with his own evil side is an ancient, archetypal one, and Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, published in 1886, is a timeless Victorian interpretation that captures the imaginations of modern audiences like no other. It combines fantastical “science”, the misty, gaslit streets of old London and the supernatural to create an atmosphere of horror that is both chilling and thought-provoking.”
Silents in the Library series includes the following:
- When The Clouds Roll By - Sunday October 30
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Sunday November 6
- The Student Prince in Old Heidleberg - Sunday November 13
- Timothy’s Quest – Sunday November 20
- The General - Sunday November 27