- General Admission: $25.30
- Concession: $20.30
- State Library of NSW Friends Members: $20.30
Price includes fees.
- Silent Film Festival
Silents in the Library: A Day at the Flickers in 1917
1917, 70 mins
Digital restoration of a classic films with live music.
Three short films with the sublime talents of Charlie Chaplin, Gloria Swanson and Max Linder. Teddy at the Throttle, a greedy guardian attempts to thwart the marriage of his ward in this short silent comedy. Easy Street, a reformed tramp becomes a police constable who must fight the thug dominating the inner city street. Max Wants a Divorce, a newlywed receives a letter that he’s to inherit three million dollars from his deceased Uncle’s trust on the condition that he is still a bachelor.
Silver Screen tribute 'Silents at the Library' series includes the following:
1. A Day at the Flickers in 1917 – Sunday November 5
2. The Phantom of the Opera – Sunday November 12
3. Chicago – Sunday November 19
4. The Lost World - Sunday November 26