- General Admission: $25.30
- Concession: $20.30
- State Library of NSW Friends Members: $20.30
Price includes fees.
- Silent Film Festival
Silents in the Library: The Lost World
1925, 110 mins
Australian Premiere of the Digitally restored edition with live music.
Every larger-than-life creature feature, from King Kong to Godzilla to Jurassic Park, owes a debt to the original The Lost World, the granddaddy of giant monster movies. Based on an adventure fantasy by Arthur Conan Doyle, it's the story of a maverick scientist (Wallace Beery) who finds a land that time forgot on a plateau deep within the South American jungles, and comes back to London with a captured brontosaur to prove it. His expedition includes Bessie Love, the daughter of an explorer who disappeared on the previous expedition, and big-game hunter Lewis Stone.
Silver Screen tribute 'Silents at the Library' series includes the following:
1. A Day at the Flickers in 1917 – Sunday November 5
2. The Phantom of the Opera – Sunday November 12
3. Chicago – Sunday November 19
4. The Lost World - Sunday November 26