- General Admission: $25.30
- Concession: $20.30
- State Library of NSW Friends Members: $20.30
Price includes fees.
- Silent Film Festival
Silents in the Library: The Phantom of the Opera
1925, 98 mins
Digital restoration of a classic film with live music.
A forerunner of the American horror film, and one of the most lavish productions of the silent cinema, The Phantom of the Opera has inspired countless remakes and imitations. But none of its successors can rival the mesmerizing blend of romance and mystery that haunts every frame of the Lon Chaney original. This edition presents the 1925 theatrical version, restored from archival 35mm elements by Film Preservation Associates.
Silver Screen tribute 'Silents at the Library' series includes the following:
1. A Day at the Flickers in 1917 – Sunday November 5
2. The Phantom of the Opera – Sunday November 12
3. Chicago – Sunday November 19
4. The Lost World - Sunday November 26