We are open on ANZAC Day from 1pm to 5pm. See our ANZAC Day opening hours for more details.
Each library service in NSW has been supplied with a Drug Facts Kit for use in reference work, public programs, and displays, as part of the Know Your Drug Facts program.
The pack contains:
- 15 NSW Health Drug Facts booklets
- (Alcohol, Amyl Nitrite, Benzodiazepines, Cannabis, Cocaine, Ecstasy, Energy drinks and Caffeine, GHB, Hallucinogens, Heroin, Inhalants, Ketamine, Methamphetamine, Speed & Ice, Steroids and Synthetic drugs)
- A5 fold-out brochure holder
- A quick guide to drugs and alcohol, 2nd edition
- Cardboard foldable poster
- Carry bag
The aim of the kit is to:
- increase clients’ knowledge of legal and illegal drugs and their effects
- provide clients with engaging and interactive activities to increase sustainable learning regarding legal and illicit drugs
The kit is supported by other print resources held in public libraries such as items in the Drug Info book collection and by information on the Drug Info website.
The kit can be used in in-house library displays, reference work, outreach activities such as pop-up libraries and expos, or to deliver an educational drug information activity workshop session. After attending a session clients will:
- understand about alcohol and a wide range of drugs, how they can affect people, their side effects and withdrawal
- understand about laws on drugs, including driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- know where to access support services for themselves or for anyone else who needs it.