We're open every day over Easter, except Good Friday, 30 March. Opening hours and services will change on Easter Monday, 2 April. Find our Easter opening hours here.
Task no. 1
Why are urban areas where they are in Sydney?
Working in pairs, students read the information presented in Sources 13 to 16 and answer the questions in Table 2, found in the downloadable resource.
Impact of railways
View the subdivision posters in Sources 15 and 16 for the suburbs of Parramatta and Bungarribee. Complete Table 2.
Read the information presented in the infographic and fact sheets in Source 13 relating to Sydney population projections. Complete Table 2 in the dowloadable resource.
13a. Population Growth Sydney 2011-2031, NSW Department of Planning and Environment
13b. West Central Subregion Population, Household and Dwelling Projections, NSW Department of Planning and Environment
13c. South West Subregion Population, Household and Dwelling Projections, NSW Department of Planning and Environment
Watch the video of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan in Source 13. Complete Table 2 in the downloadable resource.
Source 14: Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan, NSW Department of Roads and Maritime Services
Task no. 2
Bungarribee Farms subdivision plans
- What feature is used to advertise subdivisions in Bungarribee Farms to prospective buyers? (Source 15)
- What other features can you observe that may be a selling point for buying land in Bungarribee Farms? (Source 15)
Task no. 3
Parramatta Junction subdivision plan
- What feature is used to advertise subdivisions in Parramatta to prospective buyers? (Source 16)
- What is the population projection for Sydney, the West Central subregion and South West subregion? (Source 13)
- What infrastructure (built features) is being created in the video Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan to allow for the expansion of future urban areas in Sydney? (Source 14)
- Why are urban areas where they are in Sydney?