Task no. 1
Engagement and questioning
Collaboratively view Sources 1 and 2 and consider the questions below:
- What natural features do you see?
- What built features do you see?
- What types of vehicles do you see?
- What is being advertised on the sign?
- What do you think is being built?
- If the picture was zoomed out what other features would you see?
- What do you think this place looked like in the past?
- What do you think this place will look like in the future?
Formulate questions for geographical inquiry
- What is an urban place?
- Where are the urban areas located in Sydney?
- Why are the urban areas where they are in Sydney?
- Why care? How has the expansion of Sydney’s urban areas changed the natural environment? How will this continue into the future?