We're open every day over Easter, except Good Friday, 30 March. Opening hours and services will change on Easter Monday, 2 April. Find our Easter opening hours here.
Task no. 1
- Carefully examine the source below and identify the following:
- mine shafts (2)
- men with shovels
- gold washing cradle
- ordinary miners' tents
- the Gold Commissioner's tent - how do you know?
- Which tent in this painting is similar to the inside of William Essington King's tent in Activity 4?
- Conduct your own research on gold washing cradles.
- where did this technique of washing gold come from?
- explain how a gold washing cradle works.