We're open every day over Easter, except Good Friday, 30 March. Opening hours and services will change on Easter Monday, 2 April. Find our Easter opening hours here.
Task no. 1
Investigate what old photos can tell us about celebrations in the past – how, what and why people celebrated.
- What are they celebrating?
- How do you know?
- Are these photos from the past or the present? How do you know?
Task no. 2
Use the photograph of a ninth birthday party to discuss celebrations.
- How can you tell this is a celebration?
- Is this image from the past of the present? How do you know?
- What do you need for a celebration? Think about food, clothing and venue.
- How did you celebrate your last birthday?
- Draw a picture or write about an exciting place where you would like to celebrate your next birthday party.