Be the first to visit our new galleries and learning centre at our free Open Day on Saturday 6 October, from 10 am to 4 pm.
We’re opening up the Library with six free exhibitions, interactive digital experiences and a rich program of fun activities for the whole family.
Start the day at 10am on the steps of the Mitchell Building with a Smoking Ceremony.
Come and enjoy:
- Craft activities, dress-ups, storytellers, balloon twisters, kids tours and our new adventure trail
- Free workshops with children’s authors and illustrators Aura Parker and Tim Harris
- Curator talks and special tours (English and Mandarin)
- Author talks with Caroline Baum, the Library’s inaugural reader-in-residence
- Free family history and HSC workshops
- Free workshop using the Library’s eresources
The Library café will be open from 10 am.