We're open every day over Easter, except Good Friday, 30 March. Opening hours and services will change on Easter Monday, 2 April. Find our Easter opening hours here.
Cameron Morley encouraged people to use the State Library of NSW collection as part of their making.
Make sure you look at this in Slideshare and click on the 'notes' tab for detailed notes about this presentation.
Resources Cameron mentioned include (some of these may be available online via the Hathi Trust digital library):
- 500 more things to make for farm and home : vol. II / compiled by Glen Charles Cook.[Danville, Ill. : The Interstate], 1944
- The amateur mechanics workshop : a treatise containing plain and concise directions for the manipulation of wood and metals, including casting, forging, brazing, soldering and carpentry / by the author of the "Lathe and its uses."., 6th ed. London : Trübner & Co., 1878
- The antipodean league of temporal voyagers [electronic resource]
- Bailes, Edith G. An album of fragrance : with complete instructions for making your own perfume, potpourri, sachet, moth repellent, and incense. Richmond, Me. : Cardamom Press, c1983.
- Bourne, John, C.E. Handbook of the steam-engine. London, 1869.
- Burgess, James W., A practical treatise on coach-building : historical and descriptive containing full information on the various trades and processing involved, with hints on the proper keeping of carriages etc, Liverpool, N.S.W. : Dene Bindery, 1988.
- The Coachbuilder atlas of scale drawings. Second series : popular Australian vehicles.Liverpool, N.S.W : Dene Bindery, 1987.
- Dillon, Harold Arthur Lee-Dillon, Viscount, Illustrated guide to the armouries, Tower of London, London : Printed for H.M.S.O. by Darling & Son, 1910.
- Edwards, Emory. A catechism of the marine steam engine, for the use of engineers, firemen, and mechanics : a practical work for practical men, Philadelphia : H.C. Baird, 1879.
- Egan, Geoff, Dress accessories : c.1150-c.1450 / Geoff Egan and Frances Pritchard with contributions by Justine Bayley ... [et al.] London : H.M.S.O., c1991.
- Ellis, Alec R.How to build and manage a canoe, Glasgow : Brown, Son & Ferguson, [c1949]
- K?zan, Sakakibara, The manufacture of armour and helmets in sixteenth century Japan (Ch?kokatch? seisakuben) / by Sakakibara K?zan ; translated by T. Wakameda ; revised by A.J. Koop and Hogitar? Inada, 1912 ; revised and edited by H. Russell Robinson, 1962. London : Holland Press, 1963, c1962.
- Lillico, J. W. Blacksmith's manual illustrated : a practical treatise on modern methods of production for blacksmiths, apprentice blacksmiths, engineers and others, London : Technical Press, 1944.
- The manufacture of wood charcoal compiled by C.J. Irvine. Melbourne : Forests Commission of Victoria, 1941 (Melbourne : H.E. Daw, Government Printer)
- Moore, Thomas, Engineers' and general smiths' work : the smith and forgeman's handbook of practical smithing and forging, with numerous illustrations, examples, and tables London : E. & F.N. Spon, Ltd. ; New York : Spon & Chamberlain, 1906.
- Parry, Ernest J. The chemistry of essential oils and artificial perfumes, London : Scott, Greenwood & Son, 1922.
- Patterson, H. W. Small boat building, New York : The Macmillan company, [c1929]
- Popular mechanics magazine : written so you can understand it.
- Swingle, Calvin F. Twentieth century hand-book for steam engineers and electricans, with question and answers ...Chicago : F.J. Drake & Co., 1907.
The School Library Journal is offering an online maker workshop, starting 3 June.