Our Ask a Librarian and Feedback forms may be periodically slow or unresponsive due to technical issues. We hope the issue will be resolved soon and apologise for any inconvenience.
General drug and alcohol information
- Resources in community languages - Multicultural Health Communication (NSW)
- Drugs: the real facts - Australian Government Department of Health - translated booklets in a number of different community languages including Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian and Korean.
Smoking and tobacco use
- Smoking and tobacco resources in community languages - Multicultural Health Communication (NSW)
- QUIT Victoria provides variety of Quit resources in a range of languages. Search their multicultural resources.
- NSW Quitline has a number of multilingual telephone advisors - for more information on the languages available for this service, visit the iCanQuit website.
Crystalline methamphetamine (Ice)
The Breaking the Ice in Our Community fact sheets in Arabic and Vietnamese cover a range of topics relating to Crystalline Methamphetamine (ice) and have been developed as a collaboration between NSW Health and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation. There are three Arabic fact sheets and three Vietnamese fact sheets in the series and they have information on:
- What is Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Arabic translation)
- Treatment for Crystalline Methamphetamine (Arabic translation)
- Crystalline Methamphetamine use in the family (Arabic translation)
- What is Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Vietnamese translation)
- Treatment for Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Vietnamese translation)
- Crystalline Methamphetamine use in the family (Vietnamese translation)
Drugs and the law
- Drink driving charges and you - Legal Aid NSW - available in Arabic, simplified Chinese, English and Vietnamese
- Drugs, driving and you - Legal Aid NSW - available in Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dari/Farsi, English and Vietnamese
Information for parents and carers
- Top ten tips for parents - Australian Government Department of Health
Support and counselling
Drug and Alcohol Multicultural Education Centre (DAMEC) provides services for people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Contact DAMEC on (02) 8113 1301 or for counselling and support services for CALD communities call (02) 8706 0150.