Professional development and events
Public Library Services staff coordinate a Professional Development program for New South Wales public library staff.
The program includes management and leadership courses; readers' advisory training; seminars on marketing, building, reference and services for Higher School Certificate students; and the Making Connections program.
Upcoming events at the State Library
Our Events calendar provides details of upcoming events, including Making Connections, workshops and seminars.
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), Professional Development program
- CAVAL Training
- Charles Sturt University
- Developing competency of Australian public librarians in using online databases: The Public Library Network Research Program
- Institute of Public Administration Australia NSW
- Key Forums Australia Pty Ltd
- Learning solutions, Local Government and Shires Associations of New South Wales
- Technical and Further Education (TAFE), New South Wales
- Viclink, Statewide training program