How to order microfilm
Ordering microfilm copies of original and rare materials
Copyright permitting, the Library can provide 35 mm microfilm copies of manuscripts and certain pictorial or rare printed items held in the Mitchell and Dixson Libraries. The microfilming is arranged through a commercial imaging firm.
All microfilming work is at the discretion of Library staff, and limits apply to the amount of material that can be microfilmed.
- Microfilm copies of existing microfilms cost 22 cents per frame (usually two facing original pages are filmed per frame).
- Microfilm copies of unfilmed manuscripts or other items (i.e. complete volumes) may also be arranged, and usually cost 55 cents per frame depending on filming difficulties.
- The minimum per reel charge is $44.00. These prices include 10 per cent GST (for Australian orders only). Postage and handling charges are additional — approx. $6.00 (Australia) and $20.00 (international).
To place a microfilm order or obtain a quotation, please contact the Image Request Service.
Ordering digital copies from microfilm
Copyright permitting, it may be possible to arrange the supply of copies.
- The supply of a CD/DVD copy made from an existing black-and-white microfilm costs 60 cents per frame (includes GST), plus postage and handling. This includes greyscale scanning (preferably from a duplicate negative microfilm), 300 dpi, and the supply of TIF/JPG/PDF (scrollable) files.
- A minimum digital order charge of $44.00 applies (includes GST, but not postage).
To place a microfilm copying order, or to obtain a copying quotation, please contact the Image Request Service.