We're open every day over the Australia Day long weekend, with reduced opening hours on the Australia Day public holiday, Monday 28 January. More information ›
Monday, 8 May 2017
The State Library of NSW is calling for applications for a range of prestigious research fellowships totalling $160,000.
The biennial $75,000 Coral Thomas Fellowship is among the State Library’s suite of competitive fellowships that support the research, writing, teaching and experience of Australian history and culture.
According to Richard Neville, Mitchell Librarian & Director of Education & Scholarship at the State Library of NSW: “The story of Australia simply cannot be told without reference to the State Library’s unrivalled collection, and research plays a critical part in both understanding and also questioning Australia’s documented past and more recent present.”
“The Library is committed to encouraging a spirit of scholarly debate arising from our collection.
Our fellowships program supports original research that provides new perspectives on the entire panorama of Australian experience, across five centuries from 17th century through to today.”
The State Library’s Fellowships program includes:
- Coral Thomas Fellowship $75,000, over two years
- Nancy Keesing Fellowship $20,000, over one year
- CH Currey Memorial Fellowship $20,000 , over one year
- Australian Religious History Fellowship $20,000, over one year
- David Scott Mitchell Memorial Fellowship $12,000, over one year
- Merewether Fellowship $12,000, over one year
Applications for all State Library Fellowships close 11:59pm, 17 July 2017.