The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
We have two dedicated computers with adaptive equipment and software. They are located in the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room on Lower Ground 1.
The adaptive technology available includes:
The Readit Air includes a scanner and text-to-voice software. Designed to assist people who are blind or have low vision, people with print or learning disability or English as a second language.
Scans, magnifies and reads text in 19 languages:
- Video magnifier for people who have low vision.
- Magnifies books, magazines and newspapers.
- Magnifier software for people who have low vision.
- Magnifies websites including the Library's catalogue and eresources.
- Video magnifer for people who have low vision.
- Can be used with Zoomtext software.
- "Zero-delay video" and x 50 magnification.
- Camera easily turns and rotates and connects with USB cable.
- Online video tutorials available.
- Screen reading software to assist people who are blind or have low vision.
- Use to access websites including the Library's catalogue and eresources.
- Due to the complexity of JAWS prior knowledge is needed.
- Training courses are available from Vision Australia - call 1300 84 74 66.
- Computer-based scanning system for people who are blind, have low vision or with learning disability.
- Scans and reads books, magazines and newspapers.
- Suitable for people who have some experience using a computer.
Large Print Keyboard
- The Azio Vision keyboard features extra large print keys.
- The keyboard is backlit to maximise visibility.
Microspeed Trackball Mouse
- An alternative mouse to assist with mobility.
- Ask staff on Lower Ground 1 to use the mouse.