The Library's reading rooms are open. Before you visit, please read Visiting the Library.
The Nancy Keesing AM Fellowship is offered annually.
Applications for the 2021 Fellowship are open (applications close on 17 July 2020 at 5pm)
About the Fellowship
For research into any aspect of Australian life and culture using the resources of the State Library of New South Wales.
The Nancy Keesing AM Fellowship, honouring key Australian literary figure, author and poet Nancy Keesing AM (1923-1993), was established by her husband, Dr Mark Hertzberg AO (1924–2015), past President of the Library Council of New South Wales.
It is expected that Nancy Keesing Fellows will:
- Be experienced researchers who are able to demonstrate a successful record of scholarship, publications and research outcomes.
- Be able to demonstrate a high-level capacity to promote their work through a variety of media channels in collaboration with the State Library.
- Agree that the fellowship is a priority during their tenure and that a concentrated period of effort, in the one year tenure, will be made to deliver the fellowship.
- Actively promote the research undertaken during their tenure.
- Make a presentation about the project at the conclusion of the fellowship.
- Ensure any publications, outcomes or media coverage which result from the fellowship prominently acknowledge the support of the State Library of NSW and the fellowship.
- Contribute to State Library of NSW print and online publications.
- Submit, to the Mitchell Librarian, a four-page summary of their completed project, copies of any research outcomes (presentations and publications) and a bibliography.
- Acquit their fellowship in a timely manner.
For more information see:
Further information can be found in the frequently asked questions or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org