With funding support from the NSW Government the State Library is on track to make the much-loved cultural institution fully accessible to the public for the first time, including parts of the historic Mitchell building rooftop.
Follow our progress as we transform the Library to give you:
- better access to our buildings
- a new underground auditorium
- a refurbished Mitchell Library Reading Room
- a new rooftop bar
- an expanded cafe and bookshop
- a new photography gallery
Our building works will also create more public space for you to use and enjoy.