We're open Wednesday 26 January 2022, with changes to some services and opening hours ›
What we collect?
The Library will collect a range of content that document, articulate and animate Indigenous life, past and present, in NSW. This content can be published and unpublished, from Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations, individuals and communities.
The Library will collect cultural materials that illustrate individual contributions in areas such as:
- professional life (public service, professions, sporting, business)
- community life and work
- individual experience
- records of community organisations
- Indigenous writers, artists and musicians
- Photographs of Indigenous reserves
- Letters written by Indigenous people
- Academic research
- documentary projects
- politics and activism
- significant events.
Which formats do we collect?
The Library will collect materials in the following formats:
- audio and oral history
- social media
- born - digital collections.
The Library is also looking for opportunities to seek community - generated content and experiences.
Contact the Indigenous Services for more information.