Requests for Film and Photography at the Library
All requests to film or photograph at the Library must go through a process of approval, and this process can take up to two weeks.
Before permission for filming or photography can be granted, there are various considerations which need to be taken into account. The State Library of NSW application for film or photography, will provide you with useful insight into how the Library assess filming and photography requests.
Some key points to note are:
- An hourly location fee, as well as an hourly security fee will incur.
- All fees must be paid prior to commencement of filming or photography.
- The Mitchell Library Reading Room is priced on application.
- Shooting in public areas, including the Mitchell Library Reading Room, must be outside the Library’s opening hours. Please see the Library’s opening hours here.
- Shooting outside the Library also requires permission from Sydney City Council, please see more information here.
For more information about filming or shooting photography at the Library, or to submit an application, please contact our venue hire team directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9273 1744.