The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
The Mona Brand Award is presented to a woman who has a body of outstanding work which displays broad array and which has been widely performed or screened to critical acclaim
- Writers may be nominated by someone else, or they can nominate themselves. Nominations may be made by more than one person and joint nominations are encouraged.
- Only one writer will be selected as the winner of each Award but the judges may award commendations in either category. Writers who have been previously nominated for the Mona Brand Award/s and were unsuccessful are eligible to nominate again and are encouraged to do so. The judges do not wish previous nominees to be discouraged.
- Writers cannot be nominated for both Awards in the same year.
- Nominations must be made online via the State Library of NSW website. The State Library of NSW will acknowledge receipt of nominations by email.
- There is no nomination fee for the Mona Brand Award/s.
You can read more about the award in the Award Guidelines (PDF 218KB).
About the prize
- The Mona Brand Award/s are open to female writers of:
- music drama,
- screenplays of feature-length fiction films,
- scripts of documentary films,
- scripts of plays or documentaries for radio, the web and/or streaming services; or
- scripts of television programs (fiction or non-fiction).
- All nominees must be living Australian citizens or persons holding permanent resident status.