Good luck to the 75,000 NSW students who will be sitting one or more of the 123 written exams starting this week. We’ve enjoyed seeing many of you use Library resources and spaces throughout your HSC journey.
If you’re just about to start your HSC, the Library is here to help. HSC Base Camp is a great place to start.
Join us for our HSC Help introductory sessions in the January school holidays.
These sessions focus on how Library card holders can access free HSC resources from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Don’t miss out - book now to guarantee your spot!
Society & Culture
We have a great range of HSC resources available, both in the Library and online.
HSC Research Guides bring together important resources on how to find the best information for your subject.
When visiting the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room (Lower ground 2), browse our HSC resources shelves where you can find copies of:
- award-winning Society & Culture Personal Interest Projects (PIPs)
- the Issues in Society journal,
Excel HSC Study Guides
With free wi-fi throughout, the Library has a range of spaces to suit different study needs.
- An inspiring, light-filled space for quiet collaboration or personal study.
- You can take bags and bottled water into this area, but no food or other drinks.
- Located in the Macquarie Street building, the Governor Marie Bashir Reading Room spans 2 levels.
The Verandah – Lower Ground 1
- An informal space, with a mixture of study desks and casual seating.
- You can take bags and covered drinks into this area.
- Contains the Dalangilla ngurra study room, which can be booked by Library card holders for up to 2 hours per day.
Lower Ground 2
- With many powered study desks and access to printed HSC resources, LG2 is a popular location for quiet study.
- Food and drinks including bottled water are not allowed in this part of the reading room.
- You can bring in a small bag if it's no larger than 30 × 35 × 30 cm when at full size. If your bag is larger than this, you will need to store it in a locker.
- Contains four study rooms with large whiteboards, which can be booked by Library card holders for up to 2 hours per day.
No-one can study for 6 hours straight and still be effective – take a break! (Checking social media every 5 minutes doesn’t count… study fail!)
- Check out the Young Adult collection of books in our new Children’s Library.
- Browse our new books on the Critic’s Picks shelves.
- Grab a coffee and a snack at the Library café.
- See a Library exhibition. You can always find something to inspire you at the Library.
- Go for a walk. The Domain and the Royal Botanic Gardens are just outside our back door.