Library reopening Monday 1 June 2020. See Frequently Asked Questions here
The State Library of NSW offers K-12 school students from DET schools in the Greater Sydney region, access to FREE bus travel to visit the State Library of NSW to participate in our onsite learning programs. Supported by the State Library of NSW Foundation and our staff giving program.
Each application is assessed against eligibility criteria.
- Schools must attend a State Library on site learning program.
- Schools in the Greater Sydney region that receive Resource Allocation Model funding and have an FOEI of 100+ may apply.
- Schools are limited to one bus and one application per year.
Please note: The subsidy does not cover the program fees; schools will be invoiced for the cost of the program when they book.
Terms and Conditions
- School to provide the State Library of NSW with an official quotation from their preferred bus company for one bus to provide return transport from the school to the State Library.
- School must choose an onsite learning program from those on offer
- School is responsible for booking the bus following the confirmation that they have been granted a bus subsidy.
- Bus company to promptly provide an official invoice addressed to the State Library of NSW for payment.
- School is responsible for cost of learning program at State Library of NSW.
Steps for applying for a bus subsidy
- Are you eligible for a bus subsidy? Check our terms and conditions above
- Complete an application form and submit it to us
If your application is successful
- Get a quote for a bus from your local bus company and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please note that quotes/invoices must be made out to the State Library of NSW
- Choose a learning program from those available on our website
- Complete a booking enquiry form and submit