The Library is open. See frequently asked questions.
The new catalogue includes a range of improvements and new features that make searching the Library’s collection easier. Even though the catalogue is now live, we will continue to work on new features and will regularly release changes over the coming months.
What features are already available?
- Over 4 million searchable catalogue records
- More than 5 million digital files accessible to the public
- 'MyCatalogue' functionality with library card log in, item requesting and saved searches and lists
- Access to subscription databases
- New Digital Collections interface
- Custom built book viewer with full-text search
- Custom built audio player including transcripts search
- Improved image viewer based on your feedback
- Digital file downloads and social sharing
- Record export functionality
- New permalink structure for easy bookmarking and citation
- PDF and ePUB download options
- Custom PDF viewer
- Improvements to collection data display
- Introduction of search pre-filters
What features are still to be released?
|Next major release|
- Data ingestion and migration not yet complete, meaning some files and records are still missing
- Search results, relevancy, filters and facets require further refinement
- Saved searches and records not migrated to new catalogue
- Issue with some journals and articles not being properly linked in new catalogue. These can still be accessed from the old catalogue
- Issue with display of language filters in search results where abbreviations are not working properly. If looking for language material, use only the filters written in full, i.e. 'English' and not any abbreviated options, i.e. 'Eng'.
- Incorrect holdings status are displaying for some large print and talking books.