[Barker & Co. Mills, cnr. of Sussex & Bathurst Sts., Sydney]undated [pre Jun 1872]
Engineer Thomas Barker built a cloth mill adjacent to his flour mills near the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets in 1840. After several changes of ownership, he re-bought the mills in 1870. The tweed mill was destroyed by fire 1872 and then acquired by John Vicars in 1874 and moved to Marrickville in 1894. Much of the mill complex was destroyed during City Council resumptions for the construction of Day Street in 1915.