State Library of NSW
Henry Cox’s place, Broombee, Mudgee, New South Wales1841
George and Henry Cox were the fourth and fifth sons of William Cox, builder of Cox’s Road across the Blue Mountains. The Cox family were well-known as pastoralists. In 1828, they managed the properties of Burrundulla and Broombee in the Mudgee district.
Conrad Martens visited the Mudgee district in March 1840 and these paintings are a result of the drawings he made during his visit.