State Library of NSW
Map of the Estate named Annandale situate in the Parish of Petersham...1843
Full title: Map of the Estate named Annandale situate in the Parish of Petersham and District of Sydney the property of Robert Johnston Esq. R.N. [cartographic material] / Surveyed by R.W. Goodall and P.L. Bemi.
Published Sydney : Peter Lewis Bemi, 1843.
Description 1 ms. map : hand col. ; 130 x 70 cm.
Notes Large and elaborate presentation map of the Annandale Estate, with acreages, fences, buildings, roads, and names of owners and grantees.
Inset: 'Map of the Locality of Annandale Taken from the Government Charts'. Shows in red all four parts of George Johnston's Annandale Estate, three parts of which extended south from Parramatta Road.
The inset also shows many of the adjoining grants.
Southern tip of 'Annandale South' is shown crossed by a corridor for "Sydney & Parramatta Railway" indicating govt. involvement with the future Great Southern and Western Railway formed 11 Sept. 1846 and incorporated as the Sydney Railway Company in October 1849. The viaduct at the nearby Long Cove Creek, Lewisham, was built in 1854.
Online images available via the State Library of NSW at: http://acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/album/albumView.aspx?itemID=940868&acmsid=0 ; Digital order a5010.