Flinders' rough draft, with alterations and corrections, of fragments of his book 'A Voyage to Terra Australis', published in 1814. Includes:
1. Dedication (1 sheet).
2. Preface. Incomplete (2 sheets).
3. No. 2 Magnetical Appendix. Appears to be a complete draft of Appendix II of the second volume (17 sheets).
4. Tables from Appendix I comprising Tables VII, IX and X (2 sheets).
5. One sheet folded into four pages. The first page is dated Tuesday Aug. 20th  and the second which is numbered 128 follows on. These two pages are possibly the roughs of additions to a draft of the published book as there is a reference to 'End of Chapter 6' (in the book the same events are related at the beginning of Chapter 6). The third and fourth pages, which do not follow on from the second page, describe an event which took place in October 1804.
6. One sheet headed 'Tuesday March 23rd. Additional Remarks omitted'. Relates to pp. 170-172 in the published book. The wording differs considerably and is much abridged.