State Library of NSW
View of the Heads, Port Jackson, ca. 1817-1826] /painted by Richard Read, Snr (1765-1827?)ca. 1817-1821
There appears to have been a title at lower centre on mount that has been lost. The only decipherable letters, probably at the end of the title, read "Denom."
On the back at centre left in ink was the text, "South Head" that has subsequently been lost in restoration. Obscured by mount at lower left is the text, "[Entran]ce to Port Jackson, New South Wales".
The watercolour is dated from the building of the Macquarie Lighthouse and Commissioner Bigge's departure from NSW in 1821