The Library is open over the October long weekend, with reduced hours on Monday 2 October 2023. View the long weekend opening hours here.
The Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up is a travelling interactive information display providing access to quality drug and alcohol information for the community.
Library visitors can test their knowledge about different drugs and alcohol, browse the books and free pamphlets or take part in an event or activity at the library.
The pop-up includes the Drug Fact Finder, an interactive tablet-based display.
Participating libraries will also host a range of different events and activities where people can:
- learn how to make literary mocktails
- experience the effects of alcohol on physical activity using beer googles
- test their knowledge of standard drinks by taking part in a demonstration or pouring challenge
- participate in information sessions with Community Drug Action Teams and other local support services
In 2023 the Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up will be on display at public libraries across the state. Check it out at the following locations:
- February - Uralla and Cootamundra
- March - Burwood and Gundagai
- April - Picton, Nowra, Cessnock and Ryde
- May - Quirindi
- June - Dubbo
- September - Blacktown
Contact Drug Info staff for more information about the Drug & Alcohol Info Pop-Up.