You can find information about the drugs and alcohol in community languages at:
Drug Facts - NSW Health
- Alcohol - available in Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Hindi, and Vietnamese
- Cannabis - available in Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Hindi and Vietnamese
- Fentanyl - available in Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Hindi and Vietnamese
- Nitrous Oxide - available in Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Hindi and Vietnamese
Multicultural Health Communication (NSW)
A range of resources in community languages are available from Multicultural Health Communication (NSW).
- See their listing of alcohol and other drugs resources in community languages
- See their listing of smoking cessation resources in community languages
Use the language drop-down menu to view the list of resources available in your chosen language.
Languages available include: Arabic, Amharic, Assyrian, Bosnian, Burmese, Chinese, Croatian, Dari, English, Farsi, Filipino, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Khmer, Lao, Macedonian, Oromo, Portugese, Punjabi, Pushto, Russian, Samoan, Somali, Spanish, Thai, Tigrigna, Tongan, Vietnamese and more.
Not all publications are available in every language.
Positive Choices is an online portal to help Australian schools and communities access accurate, up-to-date evidence based alcohol and other drug education resources. Visit the Positive Choices website for information and resources for parents in Arabic, Hindi and simplified Chinese, as well as in simplified English.
The Facts about Vaping - NSW Health
NSW Health has developed a Vaping Toolkit to increase young people’s awareness of the dangers of e-cigarette use. The toolkit includes multilingual resources for parents and carers of young people aged 14 to 17 years. Translated resources include factsheets, social media tiles, and a poster.
Resources are available in Arabic, Bangla, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dari, Hindi, Spanish, Swahili, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. Visit the NSW Health website to view and download these resources.
If you require assistance in a language other than English, you can speak to a Multilingual Quitline Advisor in Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) or Vietnamese and messages can also be left in Korean. For more information about this service, visit the iCanQuit website.
Breaking the Ice in Our Community
The Breaking the Ice in Our Community fact sheets in Arabic and Vietnamese cover a range of topics relating to Crystalline Methamphetamine (ice) and have been developed as a collaboration between NSW Health and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation. There are three Arabic fact sheets and three Vietnamese fact sheets in the series.
- What is Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Arabic translation)
- Treatment for Crystalline Methamphetamine (Arabic translation)
- Crystalline Methamphetamine use in the family (Arabic translation)
- What is Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Vietnamese translation)
- Treatment for Crystalline Methamphetamine? (Vietnamese translation)
- Crystalline Methamphetamine use in the family (Vietnamese translation)
Legal Aid NSW
You can find information about drugs and driving, or drink driving in community languages at Legal Aid NSW:
- Drink driving charges and you - Legal Aid NSW - available in Arabic, simplified Chinese and English
- Drugs, driving and you - Legal Aid NSW - available in Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dari/Farsi and English