We're open every day over the Australia Day long weekend, with reduced opening hours on the Australia Day public holiday, Monday 28 January. More information ›
The Australian Religious History Fellowship is offered annually. Applications will next open in May 2019.
About the Fellowship
The specific focus of the Australian History Religious Fellowship is for the study and research of any aspect of Australian religious history of any faith. It is understood that the successful fellow will more than likely need to consult archives and records outside the Library, however it is expected that the fellow will use the Library’s resources to a significant degree.
The Australian Religious History Fellowship was established in 2010 with a generous endowment from an anonymous benefactor.
It is expected that Australian Religious History Fellows will:
- Be experienced researchers who are able to demonstrate a successful record of scholarship, publications and research outcomes.
- Be able to demonstrate a high-level capacity to promote their work through a variety of media channels in collaboration with the State Library.
- Agree that the fellowship is a priority during their tenure and that a concentrated period of effort, in the one year tenure, will be made to deliver the fellowship.
- Consider the Fellowship a priority during their tenure and that a concentrated period of effort, in the one year tenure, will be made to deliver the Fellowship.
- Actively promote the research undertaken during their tenure.
- Make a presentation about the project at the conclusion of the fellowship.
- Ensure any publications, outcomes or media coverage which result from the fellowship prominently acknowledge the support of the State Library of NSW and the fellowship.
- Contribute to State Library of NSW print and online publications.
- Submit, to the Mitchell Librarian, a four-page summary of their completed project, copies of any research outcomes (presentations and publications) and a bibliography.
- Acquit their fellowship in a timely manner.
For more information see:
Applications for Fellowship
Applications for 2019 Fellowships have now closed. Applications for 2020 Fellowships will open in May 2019.