Friends of the Library enjoy a wealth of opportunities at the State Library of NSW and we look forward to welcoming you to our community of supporters.
1. Includes current categories of ‘Individual’, ‘Individual Concession’, ‘Household’ and ‘Household Concession’.
2. Commences on the date of purchase or issuance and is valid during the period up to and including the expiry date.
3. Is non-refundable and cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part of a year.
4. May be purchased for a period of one or two years.
6. The State Library of NSW Foundation reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund following a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Membership cards and benefits and discounts are non-transferable.
8. Membership benefits and discounts only apply to State Library of NSW programs, events or other activities where expressly stated, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers.
9. A valid membership card must be shown to receive a discount when making purchases at the Library Shop and Library Café.
10. Your Friends Membership number must be provided to receive a discount when making an event booking either online or in person.
11. Members should ensure their contact details are up to date and notify the Friends Office with any changes.
12. Contact the Friends Office if your membership card is lost or stolen.
13. Members must observe the Library's Reader and Visitor Code of Conduct.
14. Members may use the Friends Room as a benefit of their membership between 10.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Opening times may vary from time to time and variations will be posted on the Opening hours page.
15. Members may use the Friends Room to relax, read or for quiet conversations. Disruptive or discourteous behaviour toward other members or staff will result in the Member being asked to leave. (See Library Reader and Visitor Code of Conduct above.)
16. Members may invite one or two guests to the Friends Room on an occasional basis.
17. You are asked to be considerate of fellow members and make mobile phone calls outside the Friends Room.
Privacy and personal information
18. The State Library of NSW Foundation collects and manages the personal information of members and other persons in accordance with the privacy law. Personal information provided will only be used for SLNSW purposes, such as the administration of memberships, the provision of membership benefits and marketing of the membership and Library programs. Please see the Library’s Privacy page for further information.