The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
Explore Australian history including Indigenous Australians, the First Fleet, early settlement and the expansion of the colony. Uncover primary sources and artefacts relating to British exploration and colonisation in Australia. Investigate Aboriginal life in the Sydney area before 1788 and discover what it was like for convicts on the First Fleet.
In this 2 hour program students will:
- analyse primary source material
- participate in a costumed guided role play
- investigate Indigenous cultural materials
- tour the State Library
- view original collection items relating to Australian history.
- HT2-2 describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
- HT2-3 describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
- HT2-4 describes and explains effects of British colonisation in Australia
- HT2-5 applies skills of historical inquiry and communication
- GE2-2 describes the ways people, places and environments interact
Before you visit
$230 for groups up to 15 and $355 for groups of 16 – 30.
Monday - Friday during term time
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students