Public holiday: the Library will be open on 3 October. View opening hours
Students will develop their visual literacy skills on an educator-led tour of the exhibition Imagine...the Wonder of Picture Books.
In this 90-minute program students will:
- tour the exhibition
- listen to a reading of the picture book Under the Love Umbrella
- compose poetry responses
- create a collaborative artwork
- play parachute games.
- EN2-6B: Identifies the effect of purpose and audience on spoken texts, distinguishes between different forms of English and identifies organisational patterns and features.
- EN2-7B: Identifies and uses language forms and features in their own writing appropriate to a range of purposes, audiences and contexts.
- EN2-8B: Identifies and compares different kinds of texts when reading and viewing and shows an understanding of purpose, audience and subject matter.
- EN2-10C: Thinks imaginatively, creatively and interpretively about information, ideas and texts when responding to and composing texts.
- EN2-11D: Responds to and composes a range of texts that express viewpoints of the world similar to and different from their own.
- VAS2.1: Represents the qualities of experiences and things that are interesting or beautiful by choosing among aspects of subject matter.
- VAS2.3: Acknowledges that artists make artworks for different reasons and that various interpretations are possible.
- VAS2.4: Identifies connections between subject matter in artworks and what they refer to, and appreciates the use of particular techniques.
Before you visit
$200 for groups up to 15 and $325 for groups of 16–30.
Monday to Friday, during term time
Minimum supervision ratio
Year 3 – Year 6: 1 adult per 10 students