The State Library is temporarily closed until further notice. See updates here.
Step back in time as we recreate Captain Cook’s voyage on the Endeavour. We’ll stop off in Tahiti to observe the transit of Venus and visit New Zealand before we arrive in Kamay (Botany Bay), where he spent just 8 short days. Students will investigate this significant event from both a European and Indigenous perspective.
In this 1-hour program your students will:
- participate in an interactive adventure
- view original collection items
- visit the exhibition Eight Days in Kamay
- explore different kinds of knowledge and the notion of perspectives.
- HT2-3 describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
- HT2-4 describes and explains effects of British colonisation in Australia
- HT2-5 applies skills of historical inquiry and communication
Key enquiry question:
What was the nature and consequence of contact between Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander peoples and early traders, explorers and settlers?
$5 per student
Monday - Friday during term time
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students