This highly interactive excursion includes exploring the exhibitions and building and immersing yourself in a rich literacy experience.
In this 1.5 hour program students will:
- be introduced to explorer Matthew Flinders and his cat Trim
- hunt for Trim in secret places around the Library
- listen to an original story
- co-create a big book to take back to school
Early Stage 1 - NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum – English
- ENe-1A communicates with peers and known adults in informal and guided activities demonstrating emerging skills of group interaction
- ENe-6B recognises that there are different kinds of spoken texts with specific language features and shows an emerging awareness of some purposes for spoken language
- ENe-8B demonstrates emerging skills and knowledge of texts to read and view, and shows developing awareness of purpose, audience and subject matter
Stage 1 - NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum – English
- EN1-1A communicates with a range of people in informal and guided activities demonstrating interaction skills and considers how own communication is adjusted in different situations
- EN1-10C thinks imaginatively and creatively about familiar topics, ideas and texts when responding to and composing texts
Available during term time.
Cost is $200 for groups up to 15 and $325 for 16-30.
Bookings are essential, please book early to avoid disappointment.
Email email@example.com, phone (02) 9273 1778 or fill out our Bookings Enquiry form.