The Library is open. See frequently asked questions.
This program introduces the BIG Library to early learners in a playful and engaging way. Help the explorer Matthew Flinders find Trim, his cheeky cat, and view extraordinary artefacts and primary source material along the way. Your students will illustrate a beautiful big book, developed exclusively for this program, and take it back to their classroom. This highly interactive excursion includes exploring the exhibitions and building and immersing yourself in a rich literacy experience.
In this 1.5 hour program students will:
- be introduced to explorer Matthew Flinders and his cat Trim
- hunt for Trim in secret places around the Library
- listen to an original story
- co-create a big book to take back to school
Early Stage 1 – English
- ENe-1A communicates with peers and known adults in informal and guided activities demonstrating emerging skills of group interaction
- ENe-6B recognises that there are different kinds of spoken texts with specific language features and shows an emerging awareness of some purposes for spoken language
- ENe-8B demonstrates emerging skills and knowledge of texts to read and view, and shows developing awareness of purpose, audience and subject matter
Stage 1 – English
- EN1-1A communicates with a range of people in informal and guided activities demonstrating interaction skills and considers how own communication is adjusted in different situations
- EN1-10C thinks imaginatively and creatively about familiar topics, ideas and texts when responding to and composing texts
Before for you visit
$200 for groups up to 15 and $325 for groups 16 - 30.
Monday - Friday during term time.
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students