Task no. 1
Collecting and representing data – Beach activities
As a class, write a list of the activities people like to do at the beach, decides on your three favourite activities. Write up the responses on a class tally chart.
Record the results as a column graph or pictograph. An example is provided in the downloadable resource.
Dicuss the data represented in the graph:
- What is the class' favourite beach activity?
- What is the class' least favourite activity?
- Use the terms 'less than' and 'more than' to describe the class' beach activities, e.g. "Our class likes boating more than fishing".
- What activities are the same as shown in the sources from Activity 4?
- What activities are different? How are they different?