Due to essential maintenance, access to some online services including the viewing of digitised items will be temporarily unavailable between 5 pm AEST on Sunday, 17 November and 8 am AEDT on Monday, 18 November 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Task no. 1
A museum for Captain Cook memorabilia
The State Library of NSW has a large collection of artefacts associated with Captain James Cook.
Working in pairs or groups:
- use a dictionary to find out the meaning of 'memorabilia'.
- examine the images of Cook memorabilia from the collection of the State Library of NSW.
- choose five (5) artefacts from the collection that you would use to create a museum display about Captain Cook.
- write a label for each artefact that explains:
- what it is
- how Captain Cook used it or how it related to Captain Cook
- what it tells usabout Captain Cook
- why it is important to preserve the artefact