Due to essential upgrades, access to digital images will be temporarily unavailable between 10.30 am and 12 pm AEDT on Monday, 2 March 2020.
Task no. 1
Investigate what old photos can tell us about celebrations in the past – how, what and why people celebrated.
- What are they celebrating?
- How do you know?
- Are these photos from the past or the present? How do you know?
Task no. 2
Use the photograph of a ninth birthday party to discuss celebrations.
- How can you tell this is a celebration?
- Is this image from the past of the present? How do you know?
- What do you need for a celebration? Think about food, clothing and venue.
- How did you celebrate your last birthday?
- Draw a picture or write about an exciting place where you would like to celebrate your next birthday party.